Protect the ACMEA Union and Preserve Your Rights!
ACMEA HAS WON THE DECERTIFICATION ELECTION!!!
OE3 has filed to decertify ACEMA and is trying to eliminate your union. OE3 is not capable of adequately representing members as their past failures have shown.
This situation is changing rapidly and has the potential to gravely impact your rights. We've created this site to ensure that you can stay up to date on what's happening and make an informed decision when the time comes. Read on to learn about how ACEMA is protecting your rights and what you can do to ensure we are able to continue representing your best interests.
To learn the facts about how OE3 is deceiving members, visit our Frequently Asked Questions Section:
Find out How ACMEA Has Been Advocating on Behalf of Members.
ACMEA hired the Mastagni Law Firm to replace OE3 when they were terminated in 2019 for failing to adequately represent members’ rights.
Mastagni was hired to handle ACMEA’s labor negotiations, grievances and disciplinary hearing management and have been doing an excellent job for our members over the last 18 months. We’ve already achieved a great deal of success on behalf of members and will continue to fight to make sure your rights are protected.
- ACMEA and Mastagni have had multiple AHS terminations overturned.
- ACMEA has filed grievances on behalf of AHS members.
- In 2020, ACMEA introduced Negotiations Committees for all contracts, including a committee for AHS.
- ACMEA provided an all-day negotiations training presented by Mastagni for AHS members.
- Mastagni has never missed any meetings at AHS and they come prepared and ready to work. Board Members and the membership sit in these meetings and report back on the high quality of the work being performed.
If OE3 asks you to sign something, don’t do it.
OE3 is trying to deceive ACMEA members into signing a paper stating that they are now members of the OE3 Union. Please be warned that what they are doing is improper and does not change your representation. ACMEA is your sole representative for collective bargaining.
OE3’s misleading actions are wrong, and should be deeply concerning that they’re trying to trick members into taking away their rights.
If OE3 reaches out to you to sign something, do NOT sign it and please let us know immediately.
ACMEA is Building a Solid Track Record of Success for Members.
Together, ACMEA and Mastagni are committed to being your advocates in the workplace and have been working hard to ensure that you are being well-represented. Since ACMEA and Mastagni joined forces in 2019, they have built a solid track record of success for members, including:
- Grown our membership by 70%
- Significantly increased our communications with members
- Modernized and updated our website
- Re-written our by-laws
- Conducted our first online election
- Restructured the Board to make sure it was fair and representative of ACMEA’s overall membership
- Maintained an impressive record when it comes to winning grievances on behalf of our members
Fact Checking OE3's Statements About ACMEA
Learn the Truth About What ACMEA Does for its Members
OE3 will do anything they can to stop ACMEA from continuing to represent our members. They have embarked on a campaign of misinformation to try to convince members that they will better represent members’ interests. Do not believe them. Below are the facts:
STATEMENT: OE3 is promising to get members a 12% increase in the upcoming contract.
TRUTH: No one can promise something like this. Everything in the contract must be negotiated. Our current ACMEA contract was negotiated by OE3 before they were fired. If they were able to negotiate such an increase, they would have done so previously.
STATEMENT: OE3 is telling members that ACMEA is not a real Union.
TRUTH: ACMEA is your Union and, like other Unions in the United States, is designated as a 501(c)(5) by the Internal Revenue Service. This is the same designation that OE3 has.
STATEMENT: OE3 claims that if you are unhappy with your current contract, they can do a better job.
TRUTH: This is very unlikely. Our current ACMEA contract was negotiated by OE3 before they were fired. If you are unhappy with your current contract, that is a direct result of OE3’s work.
STATEMENT: If you sign something from OE3, you are now a member of OE3.
TRUTH: OE3 is trying to deceive ACMEA members into signing a paper stating that they are now members of the OE3 Union. Please be warned that what they are doing is improper and does not change your representation. ACMEA is your sole representative for collective bargaining.
It should be incredibly concerning to all members that the only way OE3 can gain support is by spreading rumors or tricking members. This is not who you want representing your interests in the long term.
If you're facing a work-related issue, we want to hear about it.
Curious about how we can help? Below are just a few recent examples of how we’ve helped members:
- Mastagni met with members at John George who were being asked to bring their work cell phones everywhere, including the bathroom. They were told they would be disciplined if they did not answer their phones while on breaks. Our attorneys let AHS know that this was illegal and the issue was resolved.
- A group of AHS members informed us that they had not been allowed to take time off. Together, ACMEA and Mastagni resolved this issue.
- An AHS department was trying to bypass ACMEA and implement a reorganization and restructure. Mastagni stepped in and is working to address the issue.
Hear what our members have to say about OE3's past failures
OE3 failed to represent ACMEA members when they had the chance. But you don't need to take our word for it, you can hear directly from our members about why OE3 should not be trusted.
Read a letter from one of our members below.