The ACMEA Board is excited to announce the 2023 elections!
The current election cycle has four (3) available positions with a three-year term from January 1, 2024 to December 31, 2026.
- Vice President
- Director representing the Sheriff Non-Sworn MOU
- Director representing the Courts MOU
If you have any questions about the roles and duties, just reply to this email, and we will get back to you.
Eligibility to Run for Office
- Each candidate must have completed their probationary period prior to the first Thursday in October 2023.
- Each candidate must have been a dues-paying member for thirteen (13) consecutive pay periods prior to September 30, 2023.
- Any member can run for an Officer position and all members are eligible to vote.
- Only members working under an MOU shall be eligible to run for its associated seat and vote for those Directors representing the MOU.
- A member shall not run for more than one position in a single election cycle.
- Complete an Application for Office at https://www.acmea.org/application-for-office/.
- Collect endorsements by asking fifteen (15) dues-paying members to complete a nomination form at https://www.acmea.org/nomination-form/. Make sure your name, email and the position you are running for are filled out as it appears on you Application for Office. If you are running for a Director seat, you must collect nominations from members in that particular MOU.
- Submit a minimum of fifteen (15) completed nomination forms with signatures and an optional candidate statement and photo to email@example.com by 5 pm on September 1, 2023 in order to appear on the October ballot.
Voting takes place in October.